Easy Way to Make Money From Resume Writing
In resume writing, you can help clients gain successful employment by crafting a resume that stands out. By using creative phrases, and formatting you can create a powerful image that sells your candidate to an employer.
BASIC FACT ABOUT RESUME WRITING.
- The average time a recruiter looks at a resume is 5 to 7 seconds
- 76 percent of resumes are discarded for an unprofessional email address
- There is an 88 percent rejection rate when you include a photo on your resume
Overview of the Business
Resume writers take the information provided by a job seeker, and convert it into a document that will help the job seeker stand out to potential employers.
Resume writing fees for a work at home business often range between $400 and $1,100, according to Martin Yates, author of Knock ‘Em Dead: The Ultimate Job Search Guide 2016. This range has to do with the types of clients and their needs.
For example, an entry-level resume would be on the lower end, around $400. But an executive resume, or one in a specific field such as technology, will cost more. Part of this has to do with the amount of information going on a resume.
Resume packages often include a cover letter as well, and, on occasion, follow-up letters.
Providing a resume writing service not only requires that you know how to present candidates in the best light but also, interviewing skills and possibly career coaching advice.
The advantage of starting a resume writing service is that it has very low start-up costs, can be run from home (or anywhere) full or part-time, and doesn’t require any specific education or training, although people with a background in human resources or recruiting are at an advantage.
Productivity Hacks to Get More Done in 2018
— 28 February 2017
- Facebook News Feed Eradicator (free chrome extension) Stay focused by removing your Facebook newsfeed and replacing it with an inspirational quote. Disable the tool anytime you want to see what friends are up to!
- Hide My Inbox (free chrome extension for Gmail) Stay focused by hiding your inbox. Click "show your inbox" at a scheduled time and batch processs everything one go.
- Habitica (free mobile + web app) Gamify your to do list. Treat your life like a game and earn gold goins for getting stuff done!